Re: [Testbed-admins] NetFPGA Instructions

David M. Johnson wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:17:57AM -0500, David A. Kotz wrote:
Type precheck passed.
   *** No possible mapping for nfrouter
       No links of type ethernet found! (2 requested)

Whoops, I didn't address this error.  Does your interface_capabilities table
have something like this for the netfpga interface type?  That is the most
likely src of problem here...

mysql> select * from interface_capabilities where type='nf2';
+------+-------------------+----------+
| type | capkey            | capval   |
+------+-------------------+----------+
| nf2  | ethernet_defspeed | 1000000  |
| nf2  | protocols         | ethernet |
+------+-------------------+----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from interface_capabilities where type='nf2';
+------+-------------------+----------+
| type | capkey            | capval   |
+------+-------------------+----------+
| nf2  | ethernet_defspeed | 1000000  |
| nf2  | protocols         | ethernet |
+------+-------------------+----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't think I requested the feature. I took your tutorial NS file and changed only the type from "netfpga2" to my "netfpga".

My fault.  For subnode hosts, I see that the parser adds a 1.0-weight desire
for a feature named "hosts-$type" -- where type is the subnode type -- in your
case, "netfpga".  So yes, you will need to add that feature as I described in
the earlier mail.

mysql> insert into node_type_features values("pcr200","hosts-netfpga",1.0);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from node_type_features;
| type   | feature       | weight |
| pcr200 | hosts-netfpga |      1 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

That solved the features problem.  Now I just have the ethernet error.