Re: [Testbed-admins] NetFPGA Instructions

David M. Johnson wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:54:49AM -0500, David A. Kotz wrote:
Now that I'm using an NS file, I move on to the following error, which seems to suggest its own solution, but I wanted to ask before hacking the database.

________

Type precheck passed.
   *** No possible mapping for nfrouter
       No links of type ethernet found! (2 requested)
   *** No possible mapping for nfhost
       No physical nodes have feature hosts-netfpga!
*** Node mapping precheck failed!

________

I see that there is a node_type_features table in the database which is currently empty. Should it have entries to indicate that pcr200 has the feature "hosts-netfpga"?

You can either remove the line in your NS file that specifies the desire for
a node that has that feature, or you can add a feature to the node_features
table for each node that hosts a netfpga (or, if all your nodes of a specific
type have netfpgas, add it to the node_type_features table like you suggest).

(Note that adding features to nodes or node types means that when assign adds a
node to the mapping, the mapping score will be increased by the weight you
specify for the feature... and this will make it more unlikely that users who
do not specifically ask for netfpgas get nodes that host the cards (because
there is a higher scoring penalty for including them).)

- dave

david

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't think I requested the feature. I took your tutorial NS file and changed only the type from "netfpga2" to my "netfpga".

# Boilerplate
source tb_compat.tcl
set ns [new Simulator]

# Create a NetFPGA node
set nfrouter [$ns node]

# Set its hardware type to NetFPGA
tb-set-hardware $nfrouter netfpga

# Name the NetFPGA host, bind it to the NetFPGA node, and
# set its OS.
set nfhost [$ns node]
tb-bind-parent $nfrouter $nfhost
tb-set-node-os $nfhost FC6-NetFPGA

# Create end nodes
set n0 [$ns node]
set n1 [$ns node]

# Create links between the end nodes and the NetFPGA
set link0 [$ns duplex-link $n0 $nfrouter 1Gb 0ms DropTail]
set link1 [$ns duplex-link $n1 $nfrouter 1Gb 0ms DropTail]

# Set up static routing on all nodes,
$ns rtproto Static

# Boilerplate
$ns run