Re: [Testbed-admins] NetFPGA Instructions

David M. Johnson wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 05:43:04PM -0500, David A. Kotz wrote:
and then 4 interface entries for each node somewhat like this:

  node_id: netfpga1
  card: ??
  port: ??

For a single netfpga card, I use 4 entries in the interfaces table with the
card field set to 0-3, and the port field always set to 1.  So, it's a single
card, but appears to Emulab as 4 single-port cards.

  uuid: ?????

Use `uuidgen` from a shell on your boss (or wherever) to grab one.

- dave

david

I've entered all of my NetFPGAs and their interfaces, and the NetFPGAs show up in the Node Control Center as free but in an unallocatable state.

It looks like I still have (at least) two things to do -- make them allocatable and associate their ports with switch ports. I poked around in the database, but I couldn't see why they're not allocatable.

- dave