Re: [Testbed-admins] Errors booting admin mfs

> And I realized that I had presumed that pc1 would reverse DNS itself
> (which I got to work). It's actually a reverse lookup of boss which
> is the key, and I hadn't put the right reverse record into the
> "head" file for my control net reverse zone.
>
> I added reverse lookups for boss and ops and the admin mfs boots up
> fine on pc1 (at least much better than before!). I'll give it a
> closer look on Monday, but I think I'm over another hump. I presume
> I should add reverse records for all the various static names/nodes
> on the control net?

Correct. Glad you got it figure out!

> PS - An unrelated question: I changed the config of the sshd on boss
> to one closer to the setup I normally use (only rsa authentication
> allowed for logins). Is that likely to cause me any problems? I know
> that boss ssh's into other testbed nodes, and that seems to work
> fine. Does anyone ssh into boss as part of normal testbed
> operations?

rsa only is fine; nothing or no one should be using a password to log
into boss. Also, you want to turn off ChallengeResponseAuthentication
which is some freebsd thing that effectively allows password authentication.

Lbs