Re: [Testbed-admins] Errors booting admin mfs

Leigh Stoller wrote:
pc1 can resolve (via ping) boss and boss.atcorp.emulab.priv

Oops -- that fqdn should have been boss.emulab.atcorp.priv

boss (via ping, host, or nslookup) can resolve pc1 and pc1.emulab.atcorp.priv

Interestingly, pc1 doesn't seem to be able to resolve itself,
however. If I try "ping pc1.emulab.atcorp.priv" on pc1, it comes
back with "Can't resolve pc1.emulab.atcorp.priv: unknown host."

Shouldn't that work? Boss can certainly resolve itself.

Still waiting for an answer to this question:

What is in pc1:/etc/resolv.conf?

And is the IP address in this file, the address of your boss node (on
the control network, if boss is multihomed).

Lbs

Sorry -- I did leave that question unanswered in my prior response. My bad.

The contents of pc1:/etc/resolv.conf are the following 2 lines:

search emulab.atcorp.priv
nameserver 192.168.10.3

And yes, 192.168.10.3 is the address of boss on the control network.

Thanks.