Re: [Testbed-admins] problem (?) with emulab-ops/hwdown

Continuing my tour through the FAQ: i want to boot and modify one
of my images, upgrading the Emulab software per [1].  To do that,
i want (i think) a node booted from a copy of the image on its
disk, with access to NFS-mounted testbed filesystems.

According to [2], a good way to reserve a node for maintenance is:

boss> nalloc emulab-ops hwdown pc1

Sorry, that FAQ entry could be more clear. The above command is great
for getting a node out of the way and unavailable, but it is not a
good way to get a node you want to boot and do something to.

Better to create a one-node experiment in the emulab-ops project, let
that experiment swapin, and then switch it to the admin MFS with:

boss> node_admin on pcXXX

Then you can log in and do what you need.

Lbs