[Testbed-admins] Node problems after dhcp/tftp re-configuration

Hi,

I had everything up and working last week and then I changed the interface the dhcpd and tftpd were listening on. The new interface is on a different vlan but still can read the experiment nodes but on a different interface of theirs. I did this to isolate this acitivity from the rest of the network that I shared (used mac filtering with dhcp).

I managed to get it all working except that when the nodes finish booting the freebsd.newnode image, they spit out a couple errors related to resolving the boss which fly by and at the very end I get a "*** Fatal Error 1: Unable to parse boss name from ' '". The last bit is ' ' or an empty string.

Is this a DNS issue that I simply didnt notice or is it in a config file somewhere on the image? Ive narrowed it down to the tmcc.bin tool. How does tmcc.bin resolve the boss name?

Thanks!

--
Chris Benninger
University of Victoria, Computer Science

believed to be clean.