Re: [Testbed-admins] Errors booting admin mfs

Doing Testbed Setup on an MFS
Informing Emulab Control that we have rebooted
GetHostByName(UNKNOWN) failed
TMCC exited with status 256!
*** /usr/local/etc/emulab/rc/rc.mfs:
Error sending MFSSETUP to Emulab Control!

It eventually winds up at a login prompt where I can login with the root
password I specified when setting up the admin MFS. Interestingly, it
seems to think its hostname is "...foo.net", which can't be good...

Did I miss a configuration step somewhere or what?

So, this generally means that the node was not able to DHCP ... Any
number of reasons for that! First off, look in the dhcpd.log file
on boss:/usr/testbed/log to see if anything made it to the server.
If so, is the MAC address the one you expect? And is that the MAC
address in /usr/testbed/etc/dhcpd.conf on boss?

The decision tree on this one is wide and tall ... :-)

Lbs