Re: [Testbed-admins] query regarding MIB compatibility with the experiment switch

Hello All,
I took last couple of weeks to figure it out what the real scenario is with the N5000 switch. I contacted with cisco technical personnels and inquired them about this issue of supporting. They informed me that :

The Nexus 5000 does not support VTP and does not support StackWise, so consequently you will not find the respective MIB’s for those two technologies on any current or planned NX-OS release for the Nexus 5000.

So there is no possibility to upgrade the OS version of the switch to have the missing MIBs nor there is another way (by changing the source code or some other way) to accommodate the VTP through the usage of other MIBs/OIDs as N5000 does not support VTP functionalities.

Therefore I am now in a dilemma regarding how to make emulab system works wwith this N5000 switch.It would be great if anybody of you can kindly put some lights on this.

Thanking you
Azad

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Robert P Ricci <ricci@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
Thus spake Mohammed Azad on Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:21:39AM -0500:
> Hello Mr. Ranadive,
> If STACK-MIB was the only MIB that is missing, then I could follow your
> suggestion more easily and set up the port speed at the console by manually
> (which, infact, I will do).But the problem is - VTP-MIB is also not
> present.Dynamic VLAN creation/deletion  is done by setting the OIDs of
> VTP-MIB.
>
> Can you please give any idea regarding this?

Yes, the operations done from VTP-MIB will need to be ported to your new
switch in order for snmpit to be useful on it.

--