Re: [Testbed-admins] query regarding MIB compatibility with the experiment switch

Hello Mr. Ranadive,
If STACK-MIB was the only MIB that is missing, then I could follow your suggestion more easily and set up the port speed at the console by manually (which, infact, I will do).But the problem is - VTP-MIB is also not present.Dynamic VLAN creation/deletion  is done by setting the OIDs of VTP-MIB.

Can you please give any idea regarding this?

Thanking you
Azad

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Robert P Ricci <ricci@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
Thus spake Mohammed Azad on Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:11:25AM -0500:
> Hello Mr Ricci,First of all, thanks for your precious feedback.I found the
> OIDs that are used in emulab source code.But I am struck with the issue of
> porting those OIDs. My confusion is that- a particular OID belongs to a
> particular MIB and do a particular job.So is there any other way that there
> may be another OID of another MIB that performs the same job as the previous
> OID and I should replace the OIDs of some absent MIB with the OID of present
> MIB? Would you kindly advice me whether my understanding is correct or not?

Yes, that's essentially what I was thinking. Before going *too* far in
this direction, I would simply try snmpit on your switches without
modifying it - it's possible that the switch swupports the MIB even
though it's not in the list you're looking at. While that doesn't see to
likely, it's probably worth trying before spending too much time on
porting.

--