Re: [Testbed-admins] Can not bring up the first node for a new Emulab site

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Mike Hibler <mike@flux.utah.edu> wrote:
I will jump in the middle here, please excuse me if you have already answered
any of my questions!

In one of your earlier messages you had some text that "came out", was

that on the VGA or serial line?  It doesn't matter, as long as we have a
console that works.

Do I understand correctly that the 47 MFS boots on the PIII node but the
62 version does not?  Strange...

No matter, let's go back to the 62 MFS, the 47 is a loser long term.  Verify
that you have the right console selected in
/tftpboot/freebsd.newnode/boot/loader.conf.orig

By changing the option 'console="comconsole"' to 'console="vidconsole"' in loader.conf.orig solved my problem!
Thank you so much!  BTW, where can I find the document talking about this configuration?

Evan Zhang

Run "./prepare" in that directory just to make sure any changes are in place.
Try to boot the PIII node into the newnode MFS and verify that the machine
stops generating output to the console, and that it does not generate any
network traffic (look at boss:/usr/testbed/log/dhcpd.log and see if dhcpd got
a request).  Is this the situation you are in?