Re: [Testbed-admins] Can not bring up the first node for a new Emulab site

Hi,

    I think I've kind of figured out what is the problem for me. I checked the file '/usr/testbed/log/apache_access_log' and it showed that apache server received a GET request with URL /newnodecheckin.php? with parameters 'cpuspeed','diskdev','disksize','ifacename0','ifacemac0','ifacename1','ifacemac1' and 'messages' and this GET request get a error code '400' which is bad request. Then I looked at newnodecheckin.php and there is a required parameter 'role' defined in this file.

   So based on what I observed , could I say the old 4.X MFS(freebsd47.newnode) is not supported anymore by the current emulab software or you want to fix this, or I miss something here?

PS: The reason why I am using this old MFS because I even can not boot the new MFS(freebsd62.newnode) from both of my P3 processor machine and Core 2 Duo processor machine.

Thanks a lot,
Evan Zhang