[Testbed-admins] Random DNS problems on boss, can't resolve tips or test pc's

We've been having several problems getting new nodes to correctly load our STD OS image (amongst other problems)...  but one problem that seams to be constantly plagueing us right now is that the DNS server on boss isn't getting updated correctly or is failing someplace.  At random times, DNS will fail for tips and our test machines (pc1, pc2, etc.) it always works fine for boss, ops, and our mail server (all these are in the hosts file) but the dynamic machines have been in constant flux it seams like over the past few days. I suspect it is because we keep trying to get machines to boot and load an image, we are moving machines between HWDOWN and reloading projects, which I beleive changes the DNS names of the machines. but I don't think the DNs update app is completeing, or it isn't being run or something.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett
 R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
   network monitoring and data visualization
 ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
 bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
 --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
 Personal:
   ben@burnett.ws                            http://www.burnett.ws/
http://ben.burnett.ws/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/benburnett
Sent from Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States