Re: [Testbed-admins] Can't get interactive mode while trying to test images

ok, that helps alot knowing the "pxeboot.emu-null" means
"non-interactive"  the documentation says it is for no-output when
trying to debug display or serial output problems....  (we'll stop
using it...)

here is a goofy update:
on pc1 "pxeboot.emu-vga" works fine

on pc2 "pxeboot.emu-vga" panics and fails....  so we are trying
"pxeboot.emu-sio"

once we got pc1 up we were able to get booted into FreeBSD62 image
which we are fixing some problems in fstab for disknames and mounting,
but in Linux we get these errors:

testbed config: gethostbyname(UNKNOWN) failed
TMCC exited with status 256!
*** WARNING: Could not get bossinfo from tmcc!
*** /usr/local/etc/emulab/rc/rc.bootsetup:
   Could not determine the name of the boss server!
Boot failure!
gethostbyname(UNKNWON) failed
TMCC exited with status 256!
Error sending boot errno to Emulab Control!
gethostbyname(UNKNOWN) failed
Error sending TBFAILED to Emulab Control!
Boot Complete

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
Kernel 2.6.25.14-69.emulab1.fc8 on an i686

pc1.hwdown.emulab-ops.foo.net login:

at least 2 problems:
1. It can't find boss
2. the name is "pc1.hwdown.emulab-ops.foo.net"  it should be
"pc1.hwdown.emulab-ops.emulab.naresky"

what is TMCC?  where is the name and address for boss configured?  is
this supposed to come over pxe?  or is this a custom configuration
step that was left out of the docs?

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett
  R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
    network monitoring and data visualization
  ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
  bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
  --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
  Personal: