Re: [Testbed-admins] Booting error in Customizing the Generic Image

Hello Ryan,

On trying the mount, I get this error:
# /etc/testbed/mount_bsd_slice /dev/sda5 /mnt
Unable to get offset/size info for /dev/sda5

Besides, I have tried the straight mount command with file system
option:
# mount -t ufs -o rw,ufstype=44bsd /dev/sda5 /mnt
mount: mounting /dev/sda5 on /mnt failed: No such device or address

# mount -t ufs -o rw,ufstype=ufs2 /dev/sda5 /mnt
mount: mounting /dev/sda5 on /mnt failed: No such device or address

Because I am mounting partitions based on your previous instruction,
that BSD6.4 generic image partition should be mounted as:
/etc/testbed/mount_bsd_slice /dev/sda5 /mnt
/etc/testbed/mount_bsd_slice /dev/sda7 /mnt/var
/etc/testbed/mount_bsd_slice /dev/sda8 /mnt/usr

And Linux partition should be mounted as:
Mount -t ext2 /dev/sda2 /mnt2

As far as I know, the sda3 is Linux swap, then what is sda1 used for? Am
I right?

Best Regards,

Cheng Cui
. Frey Computing Services Center . Baton Rouge, LA 70803