Re: [Testbed-admins] Booting error in Customizing the Generic Image

>What did you change, and what did you change it to?

>I'm not sure I understand what you were able to get working and what
>you weren't.  It looks like the admin mfs works, but I am not clear on
>if you were able to actually load an image onto a node or not.  Can
>you clarify that for me?

I thought it was just some typo in your "create_linux_mfs_descriptors"
and those "grub.cfg" because your descriptor tells the database to
record the path='/frisbee_linux', not '/tftpboot/Frisbee_linux', and so
in the grub.cfg. I just modified them correspondingly because I put the
'frisbee_linux' under /tftpboot.

Sorry, if you see my second email which was sent out yesterday, I could
boot the linux admin MFS successfully. You can see it in the attachment.
Because I forgot to modify the node attributes on webpage to a different
default booting MFS.

Now, the only problem I may have is how to customize a general image,
like Freebsd6.4 or Fedora8 under linux admin MFS. All the instructions
for doing this were based on FreeBSD MFS. I am not sure if those still
works under linux MFS. Would you please give some advice? Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Cheng Cui
. Frey Computing Services Center . Baton Rouge, LA 70803