Re: [Testbed-admins] Changing user Unix UIDs

I would like to change the Unix uids for users of an Emulab to match
another system (to make cross mounting NFS easier).  I didn't see a
handy script to do this... Would it work to just change the uid of
users with chsh on both boss and ops, then change the uid_uuid value
in the users table?  Or are there other dependencies I am not
finding?  Obviously I wouldn't want to do this if a given user had
an experiment active.

A few things to note;

* I think you mean unix_uid, not uid_uuid; there is no reason to
  change the uuid of users.

* Be sure the new uids are less then 10000 or much greater then the
  maximum number of Emulab users you expect. Emulab expects total
  control of the uid space (something we should fix someday).

* You need to chown files in /users and /proj ...

Let us know how it goes! :-)

Lbs