Re: [Testbed-admins] Booting error in Customizing the Generic Image

Hello Ryan,

For the test output:
>If you could do the following tests I think I should be able to figure
this out:

>1) Reboot into the admin MFS, capture the output of dmesg into a file,
>  and send it to me.

Please refer to the attached file called 'dmesg_linux_adminMFS'

>2) Write the generic image to the disk again but stop after you finish
>  runing the imgunzip command.  Then run 'hdparm -z /dev/sda'.  Send
>  me the output of that command (if any) plus any new dmesg output.
The command output and the new dmesg output as attached
'dmesg_linux_adminMFS_after_hdparm'

sudo ssh pc1 imageunzip -s 1 - /dev/$DSK  <
/usr/testbed/images/FBSD64-GENERIC.ndz
Ignoring unknown relocation type 1
Wrote 3216052224 bytes (1316509184 actual) in 47 seconds
2546 max bufs, 18087936 max memory
2540 buffers split

sudo ssh pc1 imageunzip -s 2 - /dev/$DSK  <
/usr/testbed/images/FEDORA8-STD.ndz
Wrote 3216084480 bytes (1346203136 actual) in 46 seconds
727 max bufs, 19922944 max memory
722 buffers split
# hdparm -z /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 re-reading partition table

>3) Capture the output of '/sbin/fdisk -l -u /dev/sda' into a file and
>  send it to me.

The output file is 'fdisk_linux_adminMFS' in the attachment.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,

Cheng Cui
. Frey Computing Services Center . Baton Rouge, LA 70803