Re: [Testbed-admins] GENERIC images not working on newer hardware

Leigh,
     ok, after being gone awhile, I'm now getting back to this
problem... I compared /boot/kernel on boss to the one in the GENERIC
FBSD62 image and the only differences were  (Do these modules ring any
bells of known problems):

1. boss had coretemp.ko FBSD62image did not...
2. boss has hptrr.ko  and the FBSD62image had hptmv.ko instead

I've replace the /boot/kernel directory in the FBSD62image and am
waiting to see if that works to fix the kernel panic we were getting
on boot into the FBSD image...  I'll let you know.

I'm currently testing the FedoraCore 8 image you suggested, hopefully
that works (I'll know tomorrow).

Ben Burnett
  R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
    network monitoring and data visualization
  ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
  bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
  --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
  Personal: