Re: [Testbed-admins] GENERIC images not working on newer hardware

We are having a hard time getting the GENERIC images to load on our
newer hardware.  I suspect there may be driver or other problems.
we know FreeBSD and Linux work fine on the hardware, so I think it
might make more sense in our situation to rebuild a new GENERIC
image(s).  Are there instructions for this?  I assume we just run a
normal FreeBSD or Linux install, then use imagezip to copy the
image.  we'll partition the harddrive in the same way the UTAH
generic image is then it should work the same.  we also will be
doing this for windows to build a generic windows image.  once we
install the base OSes, do we need to add anything else to it to be
compatible with emulab?  like some kind of client app or directory?

Hi Ben. Do you know what versions of Freebsd and Linux are known to
run on your newer hardware?

Lbs