Re: [Testbed-admins] Console XMLRPC Error when setting up tipserv

Thanks Leigh and Jonathon,

I ran the tipserv-install but it did not create that directory.  The
directions say to configure tipserv like ops.  What does that mean
exactly?  tipserv has connectivity with boss, they are all on the ctrl
switch.  tips appears in DNS and boss and tips can see each others shortened
and fully qualified names.

I've been trying to run console from tipserv, as in Step 7 - Test It!
Does it need admin privileges?  It doesn't seem like I should need that.
console.bin pc1 gives an error:

open: No such file or directory
Error opening ACL file '/var/log/tiplogs/pc1.acl'

Thanks for your help,
-Jim

Quoting "Leigh Stoller" <stoller@flux.utah.edu>:

That directory should get created by the tipserv-install target.
What machine are you trying to run the console command on?  Can you
run console.bin on your tipserv machine successfully?  Does your
tipserv have connectivity with your boss machine?  The console
script wrapper just asks boss for the tipacl file, so if it can't
reach boss it will fail.

Note, you cannot run the console program on boss if you running from
the release. That was added later.

Many sites are now running from the CVS repository. Once things settle
down, we recommend that you contact us for a CVS account to stay
current.

Lbs