[Testbed-admins] GENERIC images not working on newer hardware

We are having a hard time getting the GENERIC images to load on our
newer hardware.  I suspect there may be driver or other problems.  we
know FreeBSD and Linux work fine on the hardware, so I think it might
make more sense in our situation to rebuild a new GENERIC image(s).
Are there instructions for this?  I assume we just run a normal
FreeBSD or Linux install, then use imagezip to copy the image.  we'll
partition the harddrive in the same way the UTAH generic image is then
it should work the same.    we also will be doing this for windows to
build a generic windows image.  once we install the base OSes, do we
need to add anything else to it to be compatible with emulab?  like
some kind of client app or directory?

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett
  R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
    network monitoring and data visualization
  ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
  bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
  --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
  Personal: