Re: [Testbed-admins] Console XMLRPC Error when setting up tipserv

I have made some progress on my tipserv installation, but am still having some problems.

I've gone through the install again, and console.bin works properly on the tipserv. We have a dedicated tipserv machine, which is the cause of some of my earlier confusion. Console.bin
works, but console, on tipserv, gives this error:

[root@tips:~](11:51am)#console -d pc65
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/testbed/bin/script_wrapper.py", line 2720, in <module>
   exitval  = instance.apply();
 File "/usr/testbed/bin/script_wrapper.py", line 1786, in apply
   rval,response = do_method("node", "console", params);
 File "/usr/testbed/bin/script_wrapper.py", line 229, in do_method
   response = apply(meth, meth_args)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xmlrpclib.py", line 1147, in __call__
   return self.__send(self.__name, args)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/xmlrpclib.py", line 1437, in __request
   verbose=self.__verbose
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/M2Crypto/m2xmlrpclib.py", line 58 , in request
   headers
xmlrpclib.ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for boss.emulab.naresky:3069/usr/testbed : -1 >
*** /usr/testbed/bin/console:
   /usr/testbed/bin/script_wrapper.py failed

On ops, console -d pc65 fails with this message:

error: missing emulab certificate: /root/.ssl/emulab.pem
*** ./console:
   /usr/testbed/bin/script_wrapper.py failed

Since console.bin works, the problem must be with the network side. Is there documentation or can anyone explain how the console bits interact? I don't understand why console, on tips, is contacting boss. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help and patience,
-Jim