Re: [Testbed-admins] Console XMLRPC Error when setting up tipserv

Did you mean "ops" in the message below where you wrote "boss"?
Also, should we run make with the ops-install target before running the
tipserv-install target?  Your message seems to conflict with Jonathan's,
who wrote:

> The configure it like you did ops refers to making all the directories
> /usr/testbed/src and so on, and running this command:

> /usr/testbed/src/testbed/configure --with-TBDEFS=/path/to/your/defs-file

> Before you do gmake ops-install.

-Jim

Leigh Stoller wrote:
I ran the tipserv-install but it did not create that directory.  The
directions say to configure tipserv like ops.  What does that mean
exactly?

Hi. It means you drag the Emulab src directory over to your tipserv
machine and configure/build/install it using the defs file that
you used on boss. Only instead of using the boss-install target, you
use the tipserv-install target.

boss> cd /your/objdir
boss> /your/srcdir/configure --with-TBDEFS=<your-defs-file> <options>
boss> gmake
boss> sudo gmake tipserv-install