Re: [Testbed-admins] update need advice regarding "SNMP SET failed"

My understanding is that Experiment switch does not need to assign
static ports to vlan, right? Then, why the 'wires' table has such
ports match in 'port2'? What does "Port not found, skipping" mean in
the error message?

Emulab does indeed assign ports to vlans dynamically. When a port is
not in use, it is disabled by moving it into a default vlan. When you
swap in an experiment, the interfaces assigned are moved into newly
created vlans. We do this so that additional interfaces not in use do
not appear as active, possibly confusing the OS or your application
code.

The wires table tells snmpit how to "address" the actual interfaces on
the switches. It needs to match what the switch thinks. In the output
you sent, it appears that the switch has the interfaces on card 1
instead of card 0.

Then, I rollbacked the ports mapping of 'port2' to the original
'port2', but the same error happened again in another experiment.

So, we had said "card2" not "port2" ... which did you change?

>Furthermore, sometimes some nodes will randomly run into Frisbee
>MFS after reloading, which makes the reloading dirty. Then, I have
>to edit the nodeinfo again to let the 'Next Boot OS' to 'No OS',
>but sometimes it will change back again into 'frisbee MFS'. How can
>I make sure the Next Boot OS to be none and let nodes 'enter boot
>wait mode' after reloading?

One thing at a time ...