RE: Too Quiet!!! -BARF STUFF GH

>Starting to settle in to the BARF diet somewhat.

This sums it all up so well:

 >>It's really not as hard as we thought it would be, but there
is a certain level of understanding required.  The food prep itself is much
easier than we thought it was going to be.<<

I did not have clear mentorship when I first started feeding BARF so I
learned the hard way and have been through many Revelations with the diet,
mostly related to overdoing it and making it harder on myself, than it
needed to be.  I think most go through this...  Because of this I am able
to mentor better now.

  My biggest tip to pass on is to always go back to the basics: simple
RMB's when you are confused.  A lot of people want to get to complicated
with the diet, I did.  Over supplement, and add in exotic foods, I did.  My
diet has been simplified and my life has as well been simplified. The dogs
are happy and are in great condition.  Gidget for instance does not look as
though she had a litter of puppies 10 weeks ago.  She is fit and trim but
not skinny her energy level is even and she is enjoying being FREE!   She
has not started dropping coat yet but that will come and she will look
crummy then...

Here is a sample diet from me of what I am feeding both Ember and
Ditto:  How could it be any simpler?  It's really just about as easy as
feeding kibble.

Here is my program with Ditto and Ember, they still eat about the same
types of foods, Ember just easts more.  As they grow up they will get other
foods added in but they are puppies and if they were in a pack of wild dogs
they would get only the left overs... That is how it works in nature.

  Monday AM:

Ditto 1/2 lb T-neck (that's all)

Ember 3/4 lb. 1/8 pound chicken flesh off of a hind quarter and skin.

PM:

Ditto:  1/2 lb T-neck or 1 striped chicken back tablespoon of veggie mix

Ember: 3/4 pound neck or two backs 2 tablespoons veggie mix

Tuesday AM:

Ditto:  1/2 pound T-neck or 1 stripped chicken back 1 tablespoon yogurt

Ember:  3/4 pound T-neck or 2 stripped backs & 1/2 egg 1 tablespoon yogurt .

Snack:  1/4 apple Ditto 1/2 Ember

PM:

Ditto: 1/4 lb ground meat, turkey or chicken or ground beef  small end of
T-neck or 1/2 chicken back stripped.

Ember:  1/2 pound of ground, 1/2 pound of  T-neck or one stripped back.

Wednesday AM:

Ditto 1/2 lb T-neck (that's all)

Ember 3/4 lb. 1/8 pound chicken flesh off of a hind quarter and skin.

PM:

Ditto:  1/2 lb T-neck or 1 striped chicken back tablespoon of veggie mix

Ember: 3/4 pound neck or two backs 2 tablespoons veggie mix

Thursday AM:

Ditto: 1/8 lb liver beef or chicken  1/2 lb T-neck

Ember: 1/4 pound liver  3/4 lb T-neck

Snack:  whole carrots 1 each maybe two

PM:

Ditto:  1/2 lb T-neck or 1 striped chicken back

Ember: 3/4 pound neck or two backs

Friday AM:

Ditto 1/2 lb T-neck (that's all)

Ember 3/4 lb. 1/8 pound chicken flesh off of a hind quarter and skin.

PM:

Ditto:  a chunk of fish canned mackerel about 1/4 of a can I guess... 1
stripped back  1 tablespoon of veggie mix

Ember: the rest of the can of fish 1 small T-neck 1/2 pound or 2 stripped
backs.

Saturday AM:

Ditto 1/2 lb T-neck (that's all)

Ember 3/4 lb. 1/8 pound chicken flesh off of a hind quarter and skin.

Snack: banana or apple 1/2

PM:

Ditto 1/2 lb T-neck tablespoon of yogurt.

Ember 3/4 lb. 1/8 pound chicken flesh off of a hind quarter and skin.

Supplements:

Monday:  400UI V-E 1/2 cap each ( 200 UI apx ea.), V-C 500 Mg ea, V-B 50 1
each.

Tuesday: 1/2 tab of kelp ea. V-C 500 Mg ea.

Wed: 1 fish oil cap ea, V-E

Thurs: none

Friday: same as Monday

Saturday: Same as Tuesday add a Fish oil cap or Cod Liver Oil cap.

Sunday same as Thursday

Later you will start adding oils such as Olive oil but not till about 4 to
4.5 months old.

Marrow bones can be free choice, but dig the marrow out for right now too
much fat.  Soak in hot water and poke out with your finger.  Just change
her bones about every two to three days.  Always have bones avail.