Re: [Testbed-admins] [geni-dev] Virtual Nodes IPs

Well this has been a problem for us since a long time. The way we
have our network setup, we end up having the gateway interface for
the private net on our router that is visible to the campus
network. The campus network uses the 172.16.x.x for our wireless and
dorm pc, causing a routing problem for emulab. So For that reason
any person using the campus wireless network and computers from
dorms cannot access the Emulab webinterface.

Yep, this does sound bad. So, that network is hardwired in several
places on the client side, in all of the jail,openvz,xen backend
code. To be honest, I am not sure why we do not pass that from tmcd to
the phys node during configuration.

tbops, can you think of reasons why this would not work?

That said, this is not going to happen for a while, as no one around
here has any spare time. You might have to dig into this on your own.

Lbs