From: burnettb317@gmail.com [mailto:burnettb317@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Ben Burnett
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:46 AM
To: Cheng Cui; testbed-admins@flux.utah.edu
Subject: Re: [Testbed-admins] MFS images, Generic Images, and
customization

How do I add the ACPI module into the kernel?  I'f tried to find
documentation for this, but haven't found anything yet.  We have Dell
Poweredge 2950 - 2 Quad Core Intel Xeon E5450's.  Do I need to upgrade
the FC6 and the FBSD6.2 images to include newer hardware support ACPI
and any other modules?

We are currently getting a kernel panic on boot of the GENERIC image.

the error is:

"panic: hashinit: bad elements"

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett
  R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
    network monitoring and data visualization
  ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
  bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
  --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
  Personal: