Re: [Testbed-admins] MFS images, Generic Images, and customization

ok, moving the nodes to HWDOWN worked to get interactive mode.   I am
now using pxeboot.emu-vga (we don't have our tips server running yet,
to use sio) ...

so we've tried to boot both partitions, and they both fail, here is
what happens:

Results from
Part:1   (FreeBSD)

Pxe-end failed 1

BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01
Console: internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive c: is disk0
BIOS 640kB.......

FreeBSD/i386 boostrap loader, rev 1.1
(root@node.newimage.em........

And there is where it stops and does nothing more
ping from boss... nothing, times out
ssh from boss... nothing, times out

Results from
Part:2  (sysid 131)    (Linux)

Enter boot spec sysid:131
Boot
GRUB loading stage 2
Press any key to continue
Press any key to continue
Press any key to continue
Press any key to continue
Press any key to continue
Uncompressing linux...ok, booting the kernel

Then It does nothing
Unable to slogin from console(boss)
ping from boss... nothing, times out
ssh from boss... nothing, times out

Any help/ideas?   has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett
  R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
    network monitoring and data visualization
  ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
  bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
  --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
  Personal: