[Testbed-admins] tipserv install question

We've been setting up a 90 node emulab with tipserv support.  We have RocketPort
Express console lines connected to all of our nodes.  We've rebuilt the kernel and the
installation has created 128 nodes for cuaRPI*, cuaRPI*.init, cuaRPI*.lock,
ttyRPI*, ttyRPI*.init, ttyRPI*.lock, and ctrlRPI0.  I've been assuming that cuaRPI* are
the devices to be added to the rc.d/capture.sh and /etc/remote files.  Is that correct?

How do I know if we have proper kernel support for our tipserv?

Also, can someone explain, first, what software is installed on tips?  There is some
instruction that console is on ops and should be copied off.  But console is a script
that relies on several others.  Should I be copying a full subdirectory somewhere?
Second, how does boss interact with tips?  Does tips provide access from boss to
the serial lines?  Can we invoke console from boss?

Thanks,

Ben Burnett
 R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
   network monitoring and data visualization
 ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
 bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
 --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
 Personal: