Re: [csmith-dev] Floating-point support in csmith

Xuejun, on Linux or OS X you just install boost in a couple of seconds using one command. Maybe there's a way to do this on Windows too.

My guess is that including some part of Boost in the Csmith distribution isn't easy or fun.

John

On 11/14/15 12:28 AM, Yang Chen wrote:
On 2015-11-13 14:53, Eric Eide wrote:

At one time, we used a Boost library to parsing command-line options.
John
(maybe with help from you/Yang?) removed that dependency by rewriting the
option-parsing code.

I think John did.

Anyway, I have to admit that I haven't looked to see how much code is
contained
in the Boost libraries used by the code that uses intervals to represent
floats.  So I don't know if it would be easy/make sense to copy the
relevant
headers into the Csmith source tree or not.

My confession - same here. I guess that my paranoid-mode just got turned
on automatically when I sensed something that we might end up with
copying/extracting code from Boost library :)

- Yang