From: csmith-dev-bounces@flux.utah.edu [mailto:csmith-dev-bounces@flux.utah.edu] On Behalf Of Eric Eide
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:17 PM
To: Csmith Dev Mailing List <csmith-dev@flux.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: [csmith-dev] Floating-point support in csmith

Xuejun Yang <xuyang@microsoft.com> writes:

> I have a question about optional-Boost: Is it going to break the build
> on windows?

Well, since it's not implemented yet, I can't say :-)!

More generally: I'm not set up to try a VS-based build.  I will need your help to make sure that things don't break.

In C++ code, I expect that an optional-Boost-based would work by defining a preprocessor symbol like `HAVE_BOOST', which is unset or zero when the Boost-based features are not selected.  The easiest way not to break a Windows build would be to simply not set the symbol --- at the cost of not being able to activate the feature, of course!

I don't know how to do an optional compile-time feature in VS.  If we are interested in this, then I'll need your help.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX