Re: Amounts you are feeding-kibble

In a message dated 9/12/2001 5:31:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time, brier@oregonsbest.com writes:

Brand of dog food you are feeding

We have 4 goldens & we are feeding Nutro Max Adult to all 4.  They've been on it for the past 3 years & they've done GReat on it (firm & dense poops, and healthy & shiny coats).  We were commuting between OR & AZ for a couple of years and needed to find a "decent" food that was readily available in both states.

Age of your dog

Michelob:  will be 8 years old next week
Austin:  just turned 4 years old 2 weeks ago
Chelsea:  turned 4 years old on June 7th
Jake:  turned 4 years old on May 25th

Snacks

They love everything, but we try and keep snacks to healthy foods.  We also mix in some healthy food in with their evening meals.  Once in a blue moon they will get a "beggin' strip" (commercial snack) & this is for very special occasions only!  One of their favorites is getting a KONG stuffed with peanut butter & other goodies (which we try to do one night every week or so).  The "healthy" snacks we give them & mix in with their doggie dinners are:

*  yogurt (they adore all kinds of yogurt in any flavor)
*  leftover cooked rice when we have it
*  most all veggies they love (cucumbers, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans, asparagus, zuchini, lettuce, etc... -- their most favorites probably being cucumbers & mushrooms!)
*  most all fruits they love (bananas, apples, pears, peaches, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, strawberries, nectarines, mango, papaya, etc...  -- but their absolute favorites of these are bananas & grapes!)

Let's face it, most goldens are very food motivated & would be "garbage guts" if we let them.  Our 4 kids are probably in much better shape than Rick & I... VBG!   They do get plenty of exercise though from swimming in our pool 8 months out of the year & going for walks as well.

-Yanna