"girl" operation- Spays reply Gina

At 11:19 PM 7/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all.  I am a bit behind here, but I would like to mention Ripley's trip to
>the vet is Friday, July 6th.  The vet normally doesn't keep them overnight,
>should I be worried.  I figured Fri is a good day since Chuckie and I will be
>off and I took Monday off too.  Since Gina and Judy highly recommend this vet
>where we've been taking the dogs  I shouldn't be nervous, Right?

Janet, Gin,

Best thing to do is to bring them home and just put them in their crate and
let them sleep.  I normally don't even offer water that first evening.  If
you must though just make it a few ice cubes.  I do not offer food the day
of surgery and the next day: three small meals, I go with a soft diet,
cooked ground meat, bananas, rice, cooked mashed potatoes, yoghurt, that
sort of stuff.  By day 2 they are normally back up for regular meals and
modified activity.

  Sprite, Rip & Emma'  grandma was spayed two weeks ago [think it was 2
weeks ago] and she rested for about 3 days, but hey she is 6 years
old.  Just be careful with the activity, interaction between other
dogs/cats/ ferrets/hamsters/rats/fish/husbands/family/friends/... :-)

Gin would you please tell us ALL about the Oregon coast weather, some one
on this list is thinking of relocating form the mid west to the
coast...  This someone thinks I might be telling stories about how much it
rains on our coast. :-))

Give Ripley and Emma big hugs from us and tell them to be brave, we will be
expecting to hear from you guys soon after surgery!

Gina