Re: 4 Month Vet Visits

At 01:53 PM 5/6/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Could be that it is time for a Rabies vaccination.   Usually it is given
>when they are 16 weeks old. If your vet doesn't give it till six months,
>then here is one breeder that thinks you have a great vet! I myself,
>hold off for that vac until my pups are at least six months old.
>But....it is hard to find a vet that waits that long.
>
>                             Ilene

No disrespect intended but it's not the vet's option when a dog receives
the rabies vax.  It's yours!  In OR they are recommending vaccination for
rabies as early as 12 weeks due to the out break of rabies in Texas, but
it's only an advisement.  In Oregon the law set by the state is that a dog
must be vaccinated by six months of age for rabies and again 12 months
after the first vaccine, then onto every three years from there.

I do not vaccinate for rabies until 6 mos and I do not vaccinate for
rabbies with in 3 weeks of any other vaccination.

Gina