RAW Diet Conversion

I thought I would share our recent experience converting our cats over to a RAW diet.

We are waiting for one of the ONE litter puppies.  After all of the discussion recently and in the archives about the RAW diet, we decided that would be the way to go with our Golden.  We also have two cats in the house that have always fed on kibble.  We have always just left their food out and they would nibble on it all day.  In researching RAW we figured we may as well convert the cats over now to make things easier later.

We started last Sunday.  Used a recipe from one of the books - not sure which one, Silvia did all this - and the cats would have nothing to do with it at all.  Sunday night we tried again and still no go.  The cats would sniff it and leave it alone.  Monday morning we added more kibble into the mix and they took a few bites, but not much.  Monday night same thing.  Tuesday we waited till evening and this time Silvia added some warm chicken broth.  That did the trick.  One of the cats scarfs pretty good now.  The other is still a little tentative, but getting better each day.

The books we are using are the two from Dr. Billinghurst, and one from Kymythy Schultze called "Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats".

If anyone else happens to have cats as well as their Golden, we would love to hear about 1) Diet if feeding RAW to the cats, 2) Any specific cat-dog interaction stuff to be aware of.  We don't anticipate any difficulties, but then we had never heard of feeding raw food to pets before either...

ACE

The Asson Family
Steve, Silvia, Danielle, Kaitlin & ???
Beaverton, Oregon