Re: Expectant Father Joins List

At 08:39 PM 1/10/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello everyone in Brier Pup Land,
>
>My name is Steve Asson

Hi Ace, and welcome!

Glad you are enjoying the archives!  Good job on going to them as well!  On
the crate, hold off for now, I may be able to work a deal with the Farm
Store here in town and get several for a better price.  The new Manager
just happens to be a "friendly"...

So this brings me to my question:  Who all needs crates the 400 size?  With
a aprox number to take to the store I can report back on cost.  Judy, how
are you fixed on 400 crates?  500?

Also on crates, this is probably in the archives but worth repeating:

1. buy a 400 and just simply put a box in the back of the crate to down
size it.  This will create a bit more of a den affect for puppy and
discourage going to the bathroom in the corner.  A little extra fiber via
cardboard never hurt a puppy <grin> if they chew the box.

2.Bathroom mats make great crate pads.  Buy ones you like as I find that my
dogs don't like crate pads, and wad them up in the corner and sleep on the
cold floor.  Go figure they like the cuddle beds we have for them and do
use them but in the crate they prefer the hard cold floor.

Gina