Re: [Testbed-admins] network drivers in freebsd.newnode MFS?

* Chaos Golubitsky <chaos@bbn.com> [100517 15:38]:
> So, if there are drivers for any of those images supporting my
> cards, then it should be tractable to bring those drivers into the
> newnode MFS.  And, if there aren't drivers, then circumventing the
> newnode MFS isn't going to help me, because i won't be able to run
> those other OSes either.

We actually have a Linux-based MFS that may work for you.  It's pretty
recent (kernel 2.6.27.8) and has support for most PCI Ethernet cards.

To set it up, download the tarball at this URL:

http://www.emulab.net/downloads/linux_boot.tar.gz

Extract it and read the linux_boot_installation.txt file inside it for
instructions.

Since you probably want to try it as your newnode MFS as well, you
should also download the following file and save it to
/tftpboot/freebsd.newnode/grub.cfg on your boss:

http://www.emulab.net/downloads/linux_newnode_grub.cfg

Please email me if you have any questions.