Re: [Testbed-admins] network drivers in freebsd.newnode MFS?

We have been working on getting Dell Studio Hybrids and R610s added to
an Emulab.  With the R610s it's a problem with the ethernet interfaces,
and with the Hybrids it's something I haven't figured out yet.  FreeBSD
8.0 is the only one we've gotten working on both platforms.

I was able to get newnode to work with FreeBSD 8 by taking boot/
directory from the "bootonly" iso, making a link boot/modules -->
boot/kernel, and copying the newnode mfs into that directory and putting
the whole thing in /tftpboot/freebsd.newnode.  It's certainly not the
right way to do it, and it doesn't solve the problems of frisbee mfs or
delay links, or generic images, but with some little tweaks it got us a
step closer.  It looks like the same trick might work for frisbee, but
right now it's failing (maybe) because the ethernet interface comes up
too slow.

Thanks,
Brenton