Re: [Testbed-admins] Users Unable to Log onto OPS

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:53:34AM -0500, Korrie, Donna M CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RYRD wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> This is happening to all users.
> In the past we were able to log onto OPS with username and password, the
> same uname and pw that is used to log onto the GUI My Emulab Web page.
> Looking within the GIU Web page under the user's profile, there are two
> SSH keys listed, one that is all numbers and one that starts with
> ssh-rsa with the combination of number, upper and lower case letters.
> The users home directories /users/username, are accessible and have the
> correct permissions.
>
> What else should I be looking for to fix this.
>
> Thank you,
> Donna

The first key is the Emulab-generated ssh v1 key.  The second could be a user
loaded key.  A user with this problem should first verify that they have
uploaded a pubkey to Emulab.  See:

  http://users.emulab.net/trac/emulab/wiki/kb70

and then if they cannot login using that key, run "ssh -v <your-ops-node>"
so it will provide more information about why authentication is failing.
One reason is that we might not have properly distributed the pubkey to
ops after they upload it.  They (well you, since they cannot login :-)
can look at their ~user/.ssh/authorized_keys file and ensure the key
showed up.