Re: [Testbed-admins] Problem when adding a node

Thus spake Miguel A. Erazo on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:56:41AM -0500:
> After trying to boot the new node several times I could finally do it. But I
> did nothing different than I was doing before. Anyway, for further reference
> could you please tell me how to add a node manually?

You would fill out the new_nodes and new_interfaces tables by hand in
the database. In new_nodes, you would need to worry about the node_id,
type, and IP role columns; in new_interfaces, it's everything but the
'cable' and 'len' columns that matter. You would then run the 'newnode'
command by hand on boss.

> Now, when I go to 'Add Testbed Nodes' I can see the new node. However,when I
> try to CREATE it, I get the message that no switch interface is associated
> with any interface of the node. Given that we are expecting our switch to
> arrive, we are setting up a very simple testbed which does not have this
> CISCO switch that you recommend to make VLANs, just has a dumb switch for
> connectivity between Boss, OPS, and new node. Afterwards, using the
> experience gathered and with the new switch we will expand our network. So,
> I do not really to know what I should input in this case. Could you please
> tell me how to overcome this?.

You will need to use the checkbox next to the "Create selected nodes"
button that tells it to ignore unconnected interfaces.