Re: [Testbed-admins] Account Not Created on OPS

How can I completely delete the user so I can use the same username over
again?

-----Original Message-----
From: Leigh Stoller [mailto:lbstoller@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Leigh
Stoller
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:12 PM
To: Korrie, Donna M CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RYRD
Cc: tbadmin admins/operators
Subject: Re: [Testbed-admins] Account Not Created on OPS

> I see what happened.  I am in the process of changing the
> established UNIX_uid's to match their UNIX uid's on other systems,
> apparently I did not finish the change for 10006 on OPS, but did on
> BOSS.  So the next time I created a user it took UID 10006, which
> was available on BOSS and the account was created there, but when it
> went to create it on OPS it found that 10006 was being used by
> another account and the account creation failed.

Hi. Note that I added testbed-admins back in since this is an important
point for everyone to know.

> How can I fix this?

Sorry, there is no fix but to undo what you did; the emulab code
currently assumes total control over the uid/gid space. You have just
confused it.

Besides, trying to keep uid's in sync is not really necessary these
days (no one uses rsh anymore, right?)

Lbs