Re: [Testbed-admins] Account Not Created on OPS

I see what happened.  I am in the process of changing the
established UNIX_uid's to match their UNIX uid's on other systems,
apparently I did not finish the change for 10006 on OPS, but did on
BOSS.  So the next time I created a user it took UID 10006, which
was available on BOSS and the account was created there, but when it
went to create it on OPS it found that 10006 was being used by
another account and the account creation failed.

Hi. Note that I added testbed-admins back in since this is an important
point for everyone to know.

How can I fix this?

Sorry, there is no fix but to undo what you did; the emulab code
currently assumes total control over the uid/gid space. You have just
confused it.

Besides, trying to keep uid's in sync is not really necessary these
days (no one uses rsh anymore, right?)

Lbs