Re: [Testbed-admins] Booting error in Customizing the Generic Image

>3. At the command line, enter the following commands ('x' is the
>partition number you want to boot):
>
>set bootinfo.orig_root=hd0,x
>bootinfo_magic
>boot
>
>This uses some code we added to Grub to automatically figure out what
>kind of partition hd0,x is and how to boot it.  the 'bootinfo_magic'
>command should display some output detailing this information.  If
>things don't work as you expect you could send me a screenshot of
>this.

The FreeBSD partition fails.

Unfortunately, I get the same error as what I met when I was using the
FBSD admin MFS. This time, the grub loading is successful, it can
recognize the FreeBSD partition, but...kernel loading still fails.
Please refer to the attached "Grub load Freebsd6.4 under Linux Admin
MFS.JPG" as grub boot reorganization and the "boot Freebsd6.4 error
under Linux Admin MFS.JPG" as the error message.

The Linux partition booting is successful.

By the way, do you have a FreeBSD7.x version of generic image in Utah?
Because I have tested to install a standard FreeBSD7.2 into disk from
official distribution, and load it under both FBSD MFS and Linux MFS,
both loading succeed. But the FreeBSD6.4 does not. So I wonder if this
is a deeper bug in the version of OS, not MFS. Just guess...

Best Regards,

Cheng Cui
. Frey Computing Services Center . Baton Rouge, LA 70803