From: Mike Hibler [mailto:mike@flux.utah.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 5:18 PM
To: Cheng Cui
Cc: 'Mike Hibler'
Subject: Re: [Testbed-admins] Booting error in Customizing the Generic
Image

The WARNING is a bogus check in imageunzip that has since been fixed.
The bad check has no other effect than printing out the warning, so it
is harmless.

I put together a FreeBSD 6.4 GENERIC image, lets see how that works.
You
can download it from:

	http://www.emulab.net/downloads/FBSD64-GENERIC.ndz

Load that into your first partition and lets see if it boots.

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 05:01:25PM -0500, Cheng Cui wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Unfortunately, the FC6 does not work either. No matter how I change
the
> disk label and grub booting path, the part:2 booting just hang there.
> You can refer to my attached picture.
>
> So I moved on to the "FEDORA8-STD.ndz" that could be downloaded from
> emulab.net, and this time, it boots up as it should be. However, I
> cannot login locally from the disk. I should have followed the
> customization instructions to just change the root passwd locally.
But,
> wired... I don't know why I can't use my host keys to ssh or login
with
> root locally.
>
> Additionally, would you please explain this warning? Thanks.
>
> %sudo ssh pc1 imageunzip -s 2 - /dev/$DSK  <
> /usr/testbed/images/FEDORA8-STD.ndz
> WARNING: requested zeroing in slice mode, will NOT zero outside of
> slice!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Cheng Cui
> . Frey Computing Services Center . Baton Rouge, LA 70803

Image