Re: [Testbed-admins] Problem configuring Cisco switch

> > I'm trying to create a simple topology with 2 nodes and 1 Lan. If I
> > configured the Lan with a speed different to the real speed of the
> Ethernet
> > cards I get an error when the switch is configured:
> >
> > Setting 1.21 to full...*** WARNING: snmpit:
> > ***   SNMP SET failed - In /usr/testbed/bin/snmpit
> > ***   SNMPIT set failed for device cisco6513 (try 10 of 10)
> > ***   Variable was [portDuplex,1.21,2,INTEGER]
> > ***   Returned (undefined), ErrorNum was 12
> > ***   Error string is: inconsistentValue
> >
> > We have a Cisco C6513 with GE modules. There is no error if the Lan
> speed is
> > 1Gbps, i.e. Vlans are created in the switch and everything seems to be
> OK,
> > but not for other topologies/speeds.
> >
> > What is configured differently in the switch? I thought speed was
> configured
> > in a 3rd delay node. What else is configured in the switch? I have tried
> > configured tables (interface_types, interface_capabilities, nodes,...)
> in
> > the DB according to "Initial Switch Setup".
>
> If you put any 'ethernet_auxspeeds' entries in your
> interface_capabilities table (eg. if you said that this interface is
> capable of 100Mbps as well as 1Gbps), if you ask for a link speed less
> than 100Mbps, we'll set the port to 100Mbs (so if you asked for a
> 100Mbps link with no delays, you would not get a delay node.) However,
> it looks like your switch ports might not support 100Mbps? We do have
> a few older modules here that are gigabit-only. If this is the case,
> removing that ethernet_auxspeeds entry will prevent us from trying to
> run the port at any speed other than 1Gbps.

I already considered this and removed 'ethernet_auxspeeds' entries, but the
problem is still there.

I think the problem is due to the mapping between Ethernet interfaces and
its physical ports in the Cisco switch, i.e. the contents of the 'wires'
table.

We have a Cisco C6513 switch; we use module #13 for Control interfaces and
modules #10, #11 and #12 for Data interfaces. We have other modules in the
switch.

When I added the node in the databases, only control interface was detected,
and it was detected in module #3. I assumed that somewhere (maybe SNMP) were
a mapping between this "virtual" module #3 and the real module #13.

As the data interfaces were not detected, I introduced them manually. The
'wires' table is the following:
+---------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+-------+-------+
| type    | node_id1 | card1 | port1 | node_id2  | card2 | port2 |
+---------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+-------+-------+
| Node    | pc15     |     1 |     1 | cisco6513 |     2 |    15 |
| Node    | pc15     |     3 |     1 | cisco6513 |     1 |    15 |
| Control | pc15     |     0 |     1 | cisco6513 |     3 |    15 |
| Node    | pc15     |     2 |     1 | cisco6513 |     0 |    15 |

Now, I'm trying to decipher what I have to put in 'card2' field. Any idea?
Why the control interface was detected in module #3 instead of module #13.

I've been playing with "/usr/testbed/libexec/switchmac" and
"/usr/testbed/bin/snmpit" and I think I have to put 10, 11, and 12 for
'card2' field for data interfaces. But card2='3' for control interface. Why?
Any other idea?

Manuel