Re: [Testbed-admins] ALL newnode's interfaces added as role='expt'

Leigh,
 ok, we had some problems with SNMP on the switches that are fixed and helps, but after running the switchmac tool the output shows all the ctrl interfaces on both the ctrl and expt switches, but the expt switch has all the nodes ctrl interfaces as the port of the crossover cable between the switches.   This leads to some questions:   can we just connect boss directly to expt instead of using a crossover to ctrl?  should expt uplink port be in vlan1? or a different vlan?   We think all the ports on expt are in vlan1 by default, thus spilling over to ctrl, different vlans would seam to fix this?  does this sound like anything you've seen?   also when we run the "search switch ports for selected nodes" button on the web interface it doesn't find any ports on the expt switch, and it defaults the ctrl switch entries to the first one found with was the spillage results from the uplink port (referenced before.)

Sorry I can't send the direct output, it is on a secure network with out any direct output connection and we can't use a USB stick or floppy or anything to copy files from the testbed.

Thanks for the help.

Ben Burnett
 R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
   network monitoring and data visualization
 ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
 bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
 --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
 Personal: