[Testbed-admins] ALL newnode's interfaces added as role='expt'

We are trying to add about 90 experimental nodes into our new emulab setup.  We're using the
"New Testbed Node" web interface to add these nodes.  We set each node to the proper
NodeID, Identifier, Type, IP, and set the switch type, card, and port for each interface.  The
make_dhpcd does not add the new nodes properly because the query which returns the
proper IP for each MAC returns empty.  Our problem seems to be that the interfaces
database registers ALL interfaces as 'expt' type.  Because of this, probably, no IPs
are being added to interfaces also.  Can you suggest what we could do to remedy this?
We can change them by hand, but with six interfaces  on 90 nodes, this is a bit of a headache.

Ben Burnett
 R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
   network monitoring and data visualization
 ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
 bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
 --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
 Personal: