Re: [csmith-dev] int8_t usage

That would be 16 bit. :) I know, it's a pretty wierd arch!

Is this a conforming C implementation? I thought it was required that int is larger than char.

I would actually have expected that CSmith uses fixed-width types for
portability. So that it can test bits of specific variables knowing that
they do exist. If you move to size-dependent types some operations won't
be available to CSmith without risking further problems.

Right, we intended to generate portable C code, but this did not work out.

Variations in alignment, padding, bitfield packing order, size of an int (for purposes of promotion) all screw up the idea of generating portable C code.

John