Re: [csmith-dev] int8_t usage

Hi Paulo,

Out of curiosity, what size is a char on your architecture?

Csmith has no particular requirement about int8_t that I can think of. In fact I expect that you could probably hack a header file to typedef it to be something totally different.

As a longer-term solution I believe we should eliminate the use of fixed-width types in Csmith output. These served a purpose at one point, but (as far as I know) no longer do.

Probably the right thing is to have a separate flag enabling/disabling generation of each native C type: char, unsigned char, signed char, short, unsigned short, etc.

I don't think any of this is hard, but the changes are probably tedious.

Any thoughts, Xuejun and Yang?

John